취업 영주권 수속 중 고용주 변경 (AC21)

If you have a pending Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status based on employment, you may be able to change the job or employer on which your Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker, is based as long as the new job offer is in the same or a similar occupational classification as the job offer for which the Form I-140 petition was filed. For you to change the offer of employment or employer, your Form I-485 must have been pending with USCIS for 180 days or more. You may request to “port” your job offer using the Form I-485, Supplement J, Confirmation of Bona Fide Job Offer or Request for Job Portability Under INA Section 204(j). Go to section 204(j) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), which was enacted from section 106(c) of the American Competitiveness in the Twenty-first Century Act of 2000 (AC21), for more information.

The term “port” or “porting” means to change the offer of employment from one job or employer to another job  or employer in a way that allows an applicant to remain eligible for a Green Card without having a new Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker filed for the applicant.  

cr : https://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/how-uscis-determines-same-or-similar-occupational-classifications-job-portability-under-ac21



TEL : 213-674-7007 / 213-703-9169

카톡 : ca3200la

주소 : 3200 Wilshire blvd #1505 Los Angeles, CA 90010


Recent Posts

See All


Applying for OPT Generally, you must: Request that your designated school official (DSO) at your academic institution recommend the OPT. Your DSO will make the recommendation by endorsing your Form I‑

UBIQUITY USA, LLC | TEL:213-674-7007 | 3200 Wilshire blvd ste 1505 Los Angeles CA 90010 since 2018